For carriers who need a Dispatch system, we can also provide a mobile app to allow communication of job information from eTrac Dispatch to eTrac Mobile.
- An Android version is currently available from the Play store for devices running Android version 5.0 or higher.
- An iOS version is in the test cycle with Apple and will be available soon.
- Drivers can bring their own devices or the carrier can choose to provide a device for their drivers
- Complete job information is sent to the driver’s phone and allows status updates and signature capture to be sent back to the shipper, LTL, 3PL or Freight Forwarder through the eTrac platform.
- Special instructions or notes that are pertinent to completing the transportation move are sent directly to the device.
- Barcode scanning technology is also available if the business partner requires item level detail scanning. The scanning process can be audited against an ASN (Advanced Shipment Notification) data file, or it can be used as an unaudited process. Scanning statuses include:
- Receive scan: A scan done when the package is received by the carrier.
- Load scan: The scan completed as the driver loads his truck. If an incorrect item is loaded, the device issues a warning tone to show the item does not belong on this vehicle.
- Delivery Scan: A delivery scan is done at the point of completion of the transportation move.
- Signature capture is available for both pickups and deliveries.
- Drivers can enter delay codes or exception codes to record issues that need to be passed back to Dispatch.
- Map review of an address and turn by turn driving directions are possible at the touch of a button in the app.
- Intuitive screens prompt the driver with customized workflows based on the customer’s requirements and eliminate the need to “remember” how to complete specific customer tasks.